Coronavirus: Death Toll Hits 362 As Confirmed Cases Surge The number of people killed since the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has risen to 362, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has said. WHO’s Director-General, Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, disclosed this on Monday in his report at the 146th meeting of the Executive Board of the agency. He explained that all the deaths were recorded in China where the outbreak of 2019-nCoV was first reported, while just one death was reported outside the country. Ghebreyesus said, “As you know, last week, I declared another public health emergency of international concern – this time over the outbreak of novel coronavirus. “As of this morning (February 3), there are 17,238 confirmed cases in China and 361 deaths.” “Outside China, there are 151 confirmed cases in 23 countries, and one death, which was reported from the Philippines yesterday (Sunday),” he added.